Sunday, April 8, 2012

Winter Wonderings


Nature has a way of forcing us to toe the line.
Autumn is here and winter is fast approaching and I find myself
spending more time indoors curled up and covered up.


This usually leads me to becoming introspective.
It also gets me thinking about ways I can change my life and put my dreams into being.
And I find this exciting.
Autumn here in South Africa also happens to coincide with Easter.
A time of rebirth.
A time of second chances.


But then fear grabs a hold of me.
Self doubt steps in.
And the voice of my inner critic becomes louder.


And inevitably I end up hibernating the winter away.
Wasting time...
Or is it?


Maybe it’s a time for me to stop doing so much
A time for taking stock
A time to start focusing my limited energies on one thing at a time


What I do know is that I need to be my number one supporter.
I need to believe in myself.
Accept myself and ignore the voice of my inner critic.
I also need to understand that my mistakes have been opportunities for me to learn and grow.
And growing is life...

No comments: