Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Time waits for nobody...

I cannot believe how fast this year is drawing to a close and
my to-to list for this year still has way too many un-ticked items on it

For many years I did the resolutions thing and failed horribly
but when I changed my attitude
and shifted my focus from "I want to..." -
to "I am going to..."
things worked out much easier

None of us would dare go on a holiday
or get married without doing any planning
Yet so many of us go through life without a plan
Without any sense of what we want in life
and how we are going to go about getting it

We live our lives from day to day
and we often wonder what's missing
and we have a sense that there should be more...

If we do not know where we are going to
how can we expect to get there?

There are 1440 minutes in a day
and today...
I am going to use one of them to plan my day
because that is all it takes for me to decide
that today...
I am going to be grateful for my life
and this brand new day
and all the possibilities it holds for each of us...

Photo - taken of the sundial at the Walter Sisulu Gardens

No comments: